This is the first time I have ever been charged with a crime. Are there any programs that can benefit me?

Depending on the seriousness of the charges, you may be eligible for a diversionary program that would help you avoid a conviction, such as ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) or YOP (Youthful Offender Program).  An attorney can advise you whether you are eligible for such a program.